- MD, 1961, Vikram University at GRM College
- DM, 1971, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Director, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, 1995
- Currently associated as Director - Pediatric Cardiology Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Established the department of Paediatric cardiology and CHD at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in 1995.
- Special interests are in Paediatric and Congenital Heart Diseases, Echocardiography and Non Coronary Interventions.
- Played an important role in formation of Indian Academy of Echocardiography as the Founder President of the Society in 1995.
- Started Paediatric Cardiac Society of India, as the founder President in 1998.
- Helped in establishment of the section of Echocardiography at AIIMS, New Delhi and brought it at par with the world class Echocardiography laboratories
- Described the Balloon Dilation of the Atrial Septum for the first time in the world in 1988.
- Initiation of non-coronary interventions at AIIMS started from her desk
- Achievedthe formulation of a Paediatric cardiology-training programme, approved by the National Medical Board.