Profile Category: Cardiology
- MCh, 1990, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum
- MS, 1987, University of Kashmir
- MBBS, 1981, University of Kashmir
- Director, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Chief, Kota Heart Institute, Kota, 2012
- Senior Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, 2009
- Senior Consultant, Sigma Heart Institute, 2001
- Dr. Murtaza Ahmed Chishti, or Dr. Murtaza A Chishti, is a cardiac surgeon and heart-lung transplant surgeon with 34+ years of experience.
- He has bagged many awards, including award by the Society of Heart Failure and Transplant at Kochi and award by Heart Failure 360 at 3rd Annual Conference. Additionally, he has been honored by CM Vasundra Raje with the “Certificate of Excellence” for his work in Organ Transplantation.
- Dr. Chisthi has completed his MBBS and MS from University of Kashmir; MCh from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology.
- He has done cardio thoracic fellowships in St. Mary's hospital, Milwaukee, USA; Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia and Prince Henry and Prince Wales Hospitals in Sydney, Australia.
- He specializes in Heart and Lung Transplantation, Total Arterial Re-vascularisation, complex and re-operative coronary Surgery, and Surgery of the Aorta.
- He is member of Rajasthan Medical Council.
- Awarded by heart failure 360 at 3rd Annual Conference for his Contribution as faculty, 2017
- Awarded by Society of heart failure and transplant for his Contributions in Thoracic Organ Transplant, Kochi, 2016
- Honored by CM Vasundara Raje with Certificate of Excellence for his work in Organ transplant, 2015
- Presently working as the Chairman of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Max Smart Super Specialty Saket City Hospital, New Delhi.
- Prior to joining Max Smart Super Specialty Saket City Hospita & Saket City Hospital, he was associated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital and Pushpanjali Crosslay Hospital.
- Performed over 18000 Cardiac Surgeries and has achieved zero mortality in more than 500 consecutive surgeries and has also pioneered Beating Heart Coronary Artery Bypass.
- Bestowed with Padma Shri award by president of India.
- Member of renowned organisations such as European Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, USA, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons.
- MBBS, King George Medical College, Lucknow.
- MS, King George's Medical College, Lucknow
- MCh, GSVM Medical College Kanpur
- Director, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Chief, Durdons Heart Surgical Centre, Colombo - Sri Lanka
- Currently associated as Director – Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Carries 25 years of rich experience in cardiac surgery
- Expert in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Replacement, and repairs, Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), Aortic Valve Replacement and Repair, Atrial Septal Defects (ASD's)
- Specializes in Robotic Cardiac Surgery, ECMO - Extra corporeal membrane oxygenation and Surgical treatment of heart failure and ventricular assist devices (VAD)
- Member of Southern Thoracic and Cardiovascular Society, USA, European Association for Cardio Thoracic Surgery, London, UK, International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (ISMICS), Life Membership and Fellowship of Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons of India (IACTS), Member of Indian Association of Surgeons of India and many more.
- MBBS, Punjab University, Patiala
- MD, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- DM, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Chairman, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
- Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Currently associated as Chairman - Cardiology, with Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket
- Awarded Padma Bhushan in 2006, India’s Highest Civilian Award
- First to implant and introduce implantable Cardioverter and Defibrillator (ICD) Therapy in India and South Asian region in 1995
- Featured in LIMCA Book of World Records in 1997 for introducing ICD therapy in India & South Asian region
- First to introduce CRT therapy in India in 2000
- Recipient of various ICMR and other National Societies Award for contribution in the field of Cardiology